Sometimes it is very difficult on catching a runny nose because this can be a common symptom for certain diseases and illnesses such as common cold or hay fever.
If you want to know on how to get rid of a runny nose in the most effective ways then you are reading the right blog. It is very important to know these ways in order for you to relieve your nose from suffering a runny nose.
In our growing society, many doctors and people have discovered on how to get rid of a runny nose in the most effective ways. This blog will have a short list of effective ways regarding on preventing or getting rid of a runny nose. You must follow the procedures faithfully to obtain the desired results you wanted.
Below is a short list on how to get rid of a runny nose in the most effective ways.
1. Eat foods that are very rich in Vitamin C. Some of the major sources of Vitamins C are fruits such lime, guavas, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Inhale the steam of menthol. Inhaling the steam will help you relieve your nose from clogging and will help you have a soothing feeling. All you have to do is pour a couple for drops of menthol in a hot water. You can also add some eucalyptus and tea tree oil to have the best results.
3. Drink plenty of fluids. It is very important to hydrate your body. Water is commonly known as the best fluid that a person can drink. It is also known to speed up recovery and in thinning the mucous secretions in the nasal cavity. Aside from water, you can drink juices and non-caffeinated drinks.
4. Massage your nose bridge. You can soothe your nose by gently massaging your nose bridge. Apply a soft up and down strokes on the bridge of your nose by using your thumb and index finger. Do it again until you are able to breathe easily through your nose.
5. The salt treatment is a very popular method on relieving your clogged nose. This method is very effective on removing the secretions and mucous out of your nose. If you want to prepare this treatment, all you have to do is add 2 tablespoons of salts in a cup of hot water. Breathe the steal from the water; this will unclog your nose.
Aside from the mentioned steps on how to get rid of a runny nose in the most effective ways above, it is always important to bear in mind that prevention is better that cure. In order to prevent from catching a runny nose, it is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You can do it by eating the right foods, exercising daily and drinking plenty of fluids every day.